The Pacific Section-American Association of Petroleum Geologists (PS-AAPG) is excited to announce that the PS-AAP will be hosting a virtual convention this year (June 21-24, 2021).
This year’s virtual convention will include:
• A virtual field trip lead by Dr. Richard Behl of CSU Long Beach
• Three technical sessions scheduled for the mornings of June 22nd, 23rd and 24th, 2021
• Bob Lindblom’s annual Honors and Awards session
The technical sessions include:
• A Monterey session with a lecture on age control in the Monterey and its relationship to climate change, plus several technical presentation including updates on the latest Monterey
• A geochemistry and basin modeling session with Dr. Allegra Hosford Scheirer regarding machine learning to enhance the understanding of petroleum systems, plus several technical presentations focusing
on the coastal basins of California.
• A Regulatory and Environmental Geology session, including a panel discussion with the State Geologist Dr. Steven Bohlen and William Bartling, recently retired CalGEM Chief Deputy, on the
future of petroleum geologists in California, plus a lecture on the use of the role of stratigraphy in the environmental industry by Rick Cramer, and additional technical presentations.
Please mark your calendars and save the date(s)!
Check the convention website for registration information. The convention website will be updated soon.
Stay connected with PS-AAPG on LinkedIn for more up to date information and job/training opportunities.