Sacramento AEG Student Night Meeting 2021
The AEG Sacramento Chapter is hosting its annual Student Night meeting on Tuesday, April 20th, 2021. Register for the free virtual meeting HERE. Both students and professionals are highly encouraged to attend to provide the best experience possible. The meeting is a great opportunity for geology students to interact with professional geologists in the environmental & engineering geology fields.
Click HERE to register for Student Night!
- One $1,000 scholarship to junior or senior year undergraduate students
- One $1,500 scholarship to graduate students pursuing a master’s degree with an environmental or engineering geology emphasis
Applicants must be currently enrolled in one of the following four-year universities:
CSU Chico CSU Sacramento UC Davis Univ. of Pacific
CSU Fresno CSU Stanislaus UC Merced
- Undergraduate scholarship applicants must be in their junior or senior year and have a declared major in geology or a related earth science discipline.
- Graduate scholarship applicants must be a first- or second-year graduate student pursuing a master’s degree with an environmental or engineering geology emphasis, such as hydrogeology, earthquake and geologic hazards, etc.
- Scholarship applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and will be scored based on their grade point average within their study major.
The application deadline is 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 15th. See the application materials for full eligibility requirements and instructions.
Poster Presentation Information:
Students (both undergraduate and graduate) are encouraged to submit posters to present during the virtual meeting to highlight their thesis research and/or classroom research for discussion/input in a friendly setting. For students who are graduating soon, it is a great way to network with prospective employers. If you are planning on displaying a poster, please notify Matt Buche at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 8 students who sign up and display posters will be awarded $50. Attendees of the meeting will vote on the best poster, and the winner will receive an additional $100!
5:45 – 6:00 pm Virtual Meeting Open to Guests
6:00 – 6:30 pm Round-Table Introductions
6:30 – 6:45 pm General Announcements
6:45 – 7:30 pm Student Poster Presentations
7:30 – 8:00 pm Student Scholarship and Poster Awards
Thanks to our 2021 Student Night sponsors!!!